Day 1: Arrival in Dresden
Dresden, also known as “Florence on the Elbe River”, is a cultural metropolis in Saxony. The view from the river towards the city is gorgeous. The Frauenkirche, ‘Church of Our Lady’, Brühlsche Terrasse, nicknamed ‘The Balcony of Europe’, the Semperoper Opera House and Zwinger Palace are just a few points of interest worth visiting. Spend the night in Dresden.
Day 2: Dresden - Meissen
Distance: approx. 26 km
The Karl May Museum (Karl May was one of Germany’s best selling authors in the 19th and 20th century) is in Radebeul. On your way to Meissen it would be worth your while to leave the cycling paths and cycle through the vineyards. You may want to take a nice break to en-joy a delicious glass of wine in one of the rustic inns. A visit to the stately Meissen Porcelain Factory and the Albrecht Castle is a must. Stay overnight in or near Meissen.
Day 3: Meissen - Riesa/Strehla
Distance: approx. 27-37 km
Ride along Germany’s northernmost vineyards to Diesbar-Seusslitz. Near the baroque castle and grounds are several places to stop in for a bite to eat and taste regional wines. Continue on past the former steel city of Riesa and on to Strehla. Strehla is an idyllic small city with over 1000 yrs of history. Spend the night in Riesa or Strehla.
Day 4: Riesa/Strehla - Torgau
Distance: approx. 54-44 km
During WWII the United States Army and Soviet forces met on the Elbe River Bridge in Tor-gau. On your way to Torgau you will cycle through Mühlberg where you may want to visit the Cistercian monestary. Enjoy the beautiful park in Trebnitz. Have a lovely evening and spend the night in Torgau.
Day 5: Torgau - Wittenberg
Distance: approx. 37-71 km
Along the Elbe on your way to Wittenberg you will pass Lichtenberg Castle and go through Pretsch. You may want to visit the ‘Lutherhalle’, the largest Reformation exhibition. Imagine walking in Martin Luther’s footsteps. Stay overnight in Wittenberg.
Day 6: Departure from Wittenberg
Depart after breakfast. Travellers responsible for their own transportation home. Re-turn transfer to Dresden possible.
|Preis in € pro Person *||Cat. II||Cat. I|
From 16.05.2020 to 19.06.2020
- 45.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 55.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
From 20.06.2020 to 06.09.2020
- 60.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 70.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
From 07.09.2020 to 20.09.2020
- 35.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 45.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
- Elektrorad mit 2 Gepäcktaschen - 140.00 €
- Leihrad mit Gepäcktasche - 60.00 €
Children under 4 travel for free
Children (5-15 yrs.):
- One child sharing a double room with two adults (w/extra bed): 50% discount per child
- Up to two children in their own room (w/two adults paying for a double): 15% discount per child
- One child sharing a double room with an adult: 15% discount for child
Children (from 16 yrs.):
- One child sharing a double room with two adults (w/extra bed): 10% discount per child