Day 1: Arrival in Wittenberg
Travellers are responsible for their transportation to Wittenberg. You may want to visit the ‘Lutherhalle’, the largest Reformation exhibition. Imagine walking in Martin Luther’s footsteps. Stay overnight in Wittenberg.
Day 2: Wittenberg - Torgau
Distance: approx. 37-71 km
Cycle along the Elbe, pass the Lichtenberg Castle and go through Pretsch. During WWII the United States Army and Soviet forces met on the Elbe River Bridge in Torgau. Have a lovely evening and spend the night in Torgau.
Day 3: Torgau - Riesa/Strehla
Distance: approx. 44-54 km
Go through the small city of Mühlberg with its Cistercian monastery ruins and the park, Treblitzscher Baumpark, to Riesa/Strehla. Strehla is an idyllic small city with over 1000 yrs of history. Spend the night in Riesa or Strehla.
Day 4: Riesa/Strehla - Meissen
Distance: approx. 44-54 km
Ride along Germany’s northernmost vineyards to Diesbar-Seusslitz. Near the Baroque castle and grounds are several places to stop in for a bite to eat and taste regional wines. A visit to the stately Meissen Porcelain Factory and the Albrecht Castle is a must. Stay overnight in or near Meissen.
Day 5: Meissen - Dresden
Distance: approx. 26 km
On your way from Meissen to Radebeul it would be worth your while to leave the cycling paths and cycle through the vineyards. You may want to take a nice break to enjoy a delicious glass of wine in one of the rustic inns. The Karl May Museum (Karl May was one of Germany’s best selling authors in the 19th and 20th century) is in Radebeul. Dresden, also known as “Florence on the Elbe River”, is a cultural metropolis in Saxony. The view from the river towards the city is gorgeous. The Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche), Brühlsche Terrasse, nicknamed "The Balcony of Europe", the Semperoper Opera House and Zwinger Palace are just a few points of interest worth visiting. Spend the night in Dresden.
Day 6: Departure from Dresden
Depart after breakfast. Travellers are responsible for their homeward transportation. Return transfer to Wittenberg possible.
|Preis in € pro Person *||Cat. II||Cat. I|
From 16.05.2020 to 19.06.2020
- 45.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 55.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
From 20.06.2020 to 06.09.2020
- 60.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 70.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
From 07.09.2020 to 20.09.2020
- 35.00 € surcharge in Cat. I
- 45.00 € surcharge in Cat. II
- Elektrorad mit 2 Gepäcktaschen - 140.00 €
- Leihrad mit Gepäcktasche - 60.00 €
Children under 4 travel for free
Children (5-15 yrs.):
- One child sharing a double room with two adults (w/extra bed): 50% discount per child
- Up to two children in their own room (w/two adults paying for a double): 15% discount per child
- One child sharing a double room with an adult: 15% discount for child
Children (from 16 yrs.):
- One child sharing a double room with two adults (w/extra bed): 10% discount per child